Address: 5378 South 1345 West
- 25 year career in budgeting, process development, process improvement, and business management and consulting including candidate evaluation and selection process.
- Master's Degree, Health Administration, WSU
- Bachelor's Degree, Business Administration, Univ. of Phoenix
- Bachelor’s Degree, Technical Sales, WSU
- Service on Riverdale’s City Council from 2010 to 2014, 2016 - present
- Candidate for Mayor, Riverdale in 2013
- Certified training in City Planning by the Utah Local Governments Trust
- Certified by the American Production and Inventory Control Society in:
- Process Development
- Constraint Management
- Capacity Planning
- Work experience in small business ownership and government activity with Military Service.
- 14-year Riverdale resident with involvement in and attention to Riverdale City Government
PRINCIPLED: Government is the public’s business, conducted in public. While everyone is encouraged to be engaged in city issues, most residents don’t have the time or energy to pay attention to every detail. In every vote that I make, I consider: “What decision would I want when I walk out of here as a resident?” For example, I stood alone with the sole “NO” vote to free ambulance service. It was not popular with others and caused some tension resulting in several articles in the local paper, but it was the right decision. Riverdale Residents should expect representatives who will make ethical decisions so that they can live their lives. Since then, the city council has repealed that benefit.
EXPERIENCED: I have been preparing to serve in this capacity for several years by going the extra mile for myself, my family, and our community. In addition to the preparations I have listed above, I also have the ability to make things happen through service, communication, and a sense of resolve. I understand that this is a service position. I know that I must listen to others and explain my position. I also know that sometimes you have to stand your ground to make good things happen.
IMPARTIAL: My commitment to the citizens of Riverdale is to stay free of personal projects that could mis-use city funds. I will make concentrated efforts to understand the issues, talk to those affected the most by a local issue, and explain the reasons why I made the decision I have made.