Printer Friendly Version
Candidate for City Council
4344 South 1050 West
"Working for You"
THREE VALUES I STRIVE TO LIVE AND GOVERN BY:
"INTEGRITY FIRST, SERVICE BEFORE SELF, EXCELLENCE IN ALL WE DO"
United States Air Force Core Values
- Forty year Riverdale citizen, currently serving as a member of the Riverdale City Planning Commission, serving the past four years
- Trained in community planning and land use management by University of Utah, Utah League of Cities and Towns (ULCT), Utah Risk Management Mutual Association (URMMA) and Utah Local Governments Trust
- Extensive leadership training and experience in government, military and church positions
- Small business owner: Norm Searle Tax Service LLC
- Thirty-five years of military service to the people of the United States of America
- Veteran, Southeast Asia (Vietnam)
- Veteran, Southwest Asia (Iraq)
- Service to Boy Scouts of America serving in local and district positions
- Recipient of BSA Silver Beaver Award and District Award of Merit
- Actively involved with youth programs, camps and activities
- Raising a large, loving and responsible family
WORKING FOR YOU:
- By listening to your concerns and suggestions to improve our great city
- To maintain and create open space and preserve the natural beauty of Riverdale.
- By seeing through the development and completion of the proposed civic center park complex south of the civic center
- To protect the environment and keep Riverdale green by protecting and conserving our natural resources. Looking to preserve and protect the natural habitat and wildlife of the Weber River, as well as looking at different sources of renewable energy and conserving reusable materials, with a hard look at a recycling program
- To enhance the current trail system along the Weber River by supplementing the natural water supply and planting trees and additional vegetation, along with providing additional benches and tables
- To maintain an attractive, vibrant and healthy commercial district that will be a pleasant place to shop and to provide a sales tax base that will help fund city needs while keeping property taxes at a current level. This is necessary as current state sales tax redistributions, to Riverdale City, are scheduled to be reduced in future years. Sales tax revenue from current and future businesses is essential to help fund our cities needs, without decreasing services or raising property taxes
- To be prudent in the expenditure of taxpayer money by striving to have a balanced budget, a lean and efficient city workforce and getting the most bang for your buck
- To make Riverdale City an even better and safer place to live, by maintaining and improving an already effective police, fire and ambulance service
- To resolve the current traffic problem on Ritter Drive, looking at all options
- To follow through on the current city plan to construct a round-a-bout on 4400 South and 700 West and a traffic light at 4400 South and 900 West, unless better alternatives are found
- To improve the city's water supply and storage system. Currently, the city's water tanks are nearing a time for relining or replacement. Also, drilling another well would be advantageous to the city
- To work for the property owner regarding their rights to make good use of their property, while looking out for the rights of fellow resident
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!