Candidate for City Council
4804 South 1500 West
Brent Ellis has a strong commitment to serve the city where he has lived his entire life and his grandfather helped settle in the early 1900's. He retired from the State of Utah after working for the Department of Health for 32 years. During that time he helped administer state and federal medical programs for the Spanish population in the Ogden area.
Mr. Ellis was appointed to the Planning Commission where he has served for the last 5 1/2 years; two of these as Chairman. As a Planning Commissioner, he assisted with updates to the General Plan and was a part of bringing new business to the city. He has served on the city council for the past four years.
Mr. Ellis has also been a member of the Riverdale Lion's Club for the past twelve years, currently serving as club president. During that time, the club has provided much community service including projects for Riverdale Elementary, Riverdale Senior Center, and Riverdale Veterans monument and most recently the new Lion’s Club Centennial Park on 4400 South.
Mr. Ellis wants has brought his knowledge of planning and land development to the City Council to ensure commercial and residential areas are developed responsibly and conform to city ordinances. He is concerned with improvements to parks and recreation for adults and children, attracting businesses to vacant buildings, maintaining integrity in city government and preserving the historic heritage of the City of Riverdale. He welcomes your feedback and hopes to work with concerned residents to keep Riverdale a great place to live.
- Lifelong resident of Riverdale
- Five generations farming the area of the West Bench
- Married to Tamra Ellis for 40 years
- Four married children and 14 grandchildren. One son, his wife and 3 grandchildren now living in Riverdale.
- Active in civic and religious organizations in the community
- Charter member of Riverdale Jaycee's
- Member of the Riverdale Lion's Club for 16 years, currently as club president
- Member of the Riverdale Planning Commission for 5 ½ year.
- Member of the Riverdale City Council the past four years.
- Board member of the Weber Country Mosquito Abatement.
- Active with Riverdale historic preservation and City historical markers project.
- Retired from the Department of Health after 32 years, 18 years in administration and supervision.
- A strong desire to serve the citizens of Riverdale on the city council
- Experience you can count on!