CITY SENIORS PROGRAM
Riverdale City Senior Center is located at 4433 South 900 West.
The Senior Center phone number is 801-621-6086.
The Center is open daily 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.,
Monday through Friday.
The center is closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and
COME JOIN US AT THE SENIOR CENTER
The Riverdale Senior Center is a place that seniors can gather, share old friendships as well as make new ones. The center offers a variety of activities and classes. We are here to strengthen and help seniors have a good life and hopefully touch each senior's life for good.
To view and print the activities calendar click here.
To view and print the lunch menu click here.
AARP DRIVER SAFETY CLASS
Drivers 55 and older can qualify for a discount on their car insurance by participating in the upcoming AARP Driver Safety Class. It will be held at the Senior Center on Wednesday, October 26th from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The cost is $15 for AARP members and $20 for non-members. Those who wish to attend must pre-register at the Senior Center, 801-621-6086, or call Marie Nye at 801-389-7179.
Come and celebrate the Halloween season with the following events:
- Oct. 21st - Cookie decorating at 11:30 a.m. by Humana.
- Oct. 31st - Come dressed in your best Halloween costume. Prizes will be awarded during lunch.
FALL CRAFT SALE AT THE SENIOR CENTER
The Fall Craft Sale at the Senior Center starts in late October. There are a variety of homemade items to buy for yourself or as a perfect gift. Stop by and take a look! Proceeds go to the Senior Center programs. We are still accepting donated craft items to sell. If you have items that you can donate please drop them off at the Center.
The Senior Center is in need of volunteers to help out with our lunch program. If interested please contact Shawn at 801-621-6086.
We will be starting a ceramics class again at the Senior Center. The class will be held on Thursdays. If you are interested in joining the class, please stop by the Senior Center to sign up.
SENIOR CENTER LIBRARY
The Riverdale Senior Center has a wonderful library for seniors to use. The library has a variety of books along with a collection of VHS and DVD movies. Seniors are welcome to come and check out any library item. Come check it out!
Donations Sought: We are in need of DVD's. If you have any DVD's you no longer want, please consider donating them and help us replenish our library.
SENIOR CENTER VOLUNTEERS
Volunteers are always welcome to help out at the Senior Center. There are a variety of volunteer opportunities such as class instructors, front desk help, support help, and humanitarian work. If you would like to volunteer please contact the Senior Center at 801-621-6086.
SENIOR CENTER FACEBOOK PAGE
A Facebook page has been created for the Riverdale Senior Center. This is a quick and easy way to find up-to-date information about the Senior Center programs, classes, and events. You can visit and “Like” the page at www.facebook.com/riverdaleseniorcenter or click here.
SENIOR CENTER NEWS BRIEFS
- Line Dancing: Join us for line dancing every Wednesday at 12:30 p.m. Come join the fun!
- Bunka Class: The Bunka (Japanese embroidery) class has been moved from Wednesdays to Thursdays at 12:30 p.m.
- Wood Carving Class is held every Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. Come join them!
- Chuck-A-Rama Senior Club Discount Cards available at the Senior Center for only $1.00 per card.
- Donations are needed of yarn for our humanitarian projects and fundraiser's.
- A Call for players for Mahjong on Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m. and Bridge on Tuesdays/Thursdays at 12:30 p.m.
- On Your Own Scrapbooking is the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month. Come join us!
- Open Exercise Room at the Center. Equipment includes: treadmills, bikes, hand and leg weights, NuStep cross trainer
DAILY CLASSES OFFERED AT THE CENTER
To print view and print a copy of the activity calendar click here.
· October 5th - Blood pressure and glucose checks at 11:00 a.m. by CNS.
· October 13th - Foot clinic at 9:30 a.m. The cost is $10.
· October 13th - Foot clinic at 9:30 a.m. The cost is $10.
· October 14th - Entertainment by Roy Easley during lunch.
· October 17th - IHC bone density screening at 11:30 a.m.
· October 19th - Entertainment by Miles Coe during lunch.
· October 21st - Ensure pickup.
· October 21st - Decorating Halloween cookies with Humana 11:30 a.m.
· November 2nd - Blood pressure and glucose checks at 11:00 a.m. by CNS.
· November 10th - Foot clinic at 9:30 a.m. The cost is $10.
Lunch is served at noon weekdays for seniors age 55 and older for only $2.50. To view the lunch menu click here.
CHANGE MADE FOR TAKE OUT MEALS
A change has been implemented for take out lunches at the Senior Center. Take out lunches are still offered at the Center but they will be served after all patrons who are eating in the dining room have been served. Lunch is served at the Senior Center each weekday at noon. The meals are prepared onsite by our own cooks and are offered for only $2.50 a meal. Stop by and enjoy a great lunch!
FOOT CLINIC SCHEDULE
The Foot Clinic day is the second Thursday of every month at 9:30 a.m. The location has also been moved to the ceramics room. The cost for the clinic is $10.00.
SENIOR CENTER SCRAPBOOKING
An "on your own" scrapbooking group has been organized. It will meet on the second and fourth Tuesday's of the month at 9:30 a.m. Come and join our group of scrapbookers.
Veterans will be on call for those that need to order a Veterans tile. To visit the Veterans web page click here.
FOSTER GRANDPARENT PROGRAM
If you're 55 or older you can serve as a Foster Grandparent in an area school. The program has flexible hours and volunteers receive a small stipend. If you are interested in learning more, please call 801-625-3782.
HUMANITARIAN PROJECTS AT THE SENIOR CENTER
Riverdale Senior Center is known for all the Humanitarian Projects that are donated throughout the community. Many donations have been made to the Shriners Hospital including admission bags, meal tray covers, and lap quilts. Donations of lap quilts and chemo caps have also been made to McKay Dee and Ogden Regional Hospitals.
Our Humanitarian Workdays are on Mondays at 9:00 a.m. We need help cutting and sewing admission bags, meal tray covers, and lap quilts. Anyone interested in crocheting granny squares, afghans, and chemo hats can pick up yarn and patterns at the senior center. Donations of yarn and granny squares are also being accepted. Please call Lois or Jan at 801-621-6086.
CAREGIVER RESPITE SERVICE
The caregiver respite service offered at the Riverdale Senior Center has been discontinued.
Come play the Nintendo Wii at the Center. You can play tennis, golf, bowling, baseball, and boxing. We also have the Wii Fit!
Seeing all the materials around her, Linda Phaff decided to make an "Everyday quilt". The everyday quilt is made out of material scraps from many different patterns. It is a beautiful "Magic Quilt!"
The center will be making changes as we grow. Come and join us